BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Business
Exam Board: Edexcel
Click here for specification
Our aims are:
- To foster an interest in and enjoyment of Business so that students are given the opportunity to achieve their full potential.
- To cater to a wide range of learning styles through a range of teaching methods.
- To ensure that all activities are set in context to the ‘real world’ to help learner develop soft skills alongside theory; in order to fully prepare them for the world of work or higher education.
- Miss Salma Moosavi (subject Leader)
- Ms Sam Snowden (Assistant Head Teacher)
- Ms Tessa Curnin (Teacher of Business)
- Mr Andrew Garrod (Teacher of Business)
What is the Level 3 Extended Diploma in Business?
- The BTEC Extended Diploma in Business aims to provide you with a practical appreciation of what “being in business” entails.
- It will help you to develop the understanding and competency needed when considering entering employment in this sector.
- It requires a broad skills set which are transferable to any HE course or employment.
The BTEC Extended Diploma in Business consists of 18 units of study which are covered in two years, please see table below.
Unit 1- Exploring Business Activity
Unit 13- Investigating Recruitment & Selection
Unit 9: Creative Product Promotion
Unit 2- Investigating Business Resources
Unit 15- Career Development Planning
Unit 10: Market Research in Business
Unit 3- Introduction to Marketing
Unit 16-Human Resource Management
Unit 12: Internet Marketing
Unit 4- Effective People, Communication & Information
Unit 18- Managing a Business Event
31- Fashion Retailing
Unit 5 – Introduction to Accounting
Unit 36- Starting a Small Business
Unit 38- Business & the Economic Environment
Unit 19 – Exploring Team Development
Unit 37- Understanding Business Ethics
Unit 41: Website Design & Strategy
Our most recent set of BTEC results compared to the four year trend:
University or Employment?
Last year all of our students went on to Higher Education at good universities throughout the UK or into structured employment.
Here are some examples:
- Management Apprenticeship, M&S
- Events Management, Bournemouth
- Adult Nursing Apprenticeship, Kings College
- Finance & Management, London School of Economics
- Sports Management, Bath University